We make a difference in the lives of people by investing in organizations that impact children, families and communities. National Black United Fund values self-help, economic opportunity, positive community change and social justice.
What We Do
The National Black United Fund (NBUF) performs key roles in taking Black American community-based philanthropy to new levels:
- Enhance well being of children
- Improve life skills of families and individuals
- Increase giving to support community change
- Increase rate of voter and civic participation
We do this by:
- Coordinating and making accessible a range of health, human services and other programs through family resource centers and community – based outreach activities
- Supporting youth achievement in community service and education.
- Organizing new fundraising and grant making initiatives.
- Supporting social justice and social change organizations.
- Promoting financial literacy, home ownership and business development opportunities